A Stone Crushing Plant is one-stop crushing installation, typical materials like limestone, granite, river gravel, basalt, etc., the plant produces different sizes of gravels and sand which can be used for constructions.
Stone Crushing plants may be either fixed or mobile. A stone crushing plant has different stations, primary, secondary, tertiary, etc., where different crushing, selection and transport cycles are done in order to obtain different stone sizes, for fixed plant different stages combines together to form a complete stone crushing plant.
Main equipment in stone crushing plant
- Feeding equipment: like vibration feeder or plate type feeder: These machines feed the jaw crusher or impact crusher with the rocks and stones to be crushed.
- Crushing equipment: These are the machines where the rocks and stones are crushed. There are different types of crushers for different types of rocks and stones and different sizes of the input and output material. Each plant would incorporate one or several crushing machines depending on the required final material, gravels or sand or both. Generally jaw crushers and Gyratory crushers are used for primary crushing, while impact crusher, Symons cone crusher, hammer crusher are used for secondary crushing and tertiary crushing.
- Vibrating Screen: These machines are used to separate the different sizes of the material obtained by the crushers.
- Belt Conveyor: These elements are the belts used for transportation of the material from one machine to another during different phases of process.
- Central electric control system: Control and monitor the operation of the entire system.
Process of a stone crushing plant
Raw materials are evenly and gradually conveyed into jaw stone crushing equipment for primary crushing via the hopper of vibrating feeder.
The crushed stone materials are conveyed to crushing plant by belt conveyor for secondary crushing before they are sent to vibrating screen to be separated.
After separating, qualified materials will be taken away as final products, while unqualified materials will be carried back to the stone crushing equipment for re-crushing. Customers can classify final products according to different size ranges, also according to different requirements, final products sizes can be adjusted from the crusher machines.